The normal house is complete with a windows, chimney, roof. By including more support sticks, children can make home into snack shops – every stick village requires one. With a city of sticks, children and their toy rat and other animals will never be bored.
- Wood glue
- Popsicle sticks
How to make a Popsicle house Step by Step
- Lay sticks side by side, leave spaces or use half-sticks to make area for doors and windows. On 2 opposing walls (shown bottom and top), join sticks by gluing support sticks across ends, these offer a surface for gluing to adjacent walls. Glue center helps on remaining walls and where you will have windows.
- Glue combine half-sticks and full sticks, use toothpicks for panes.
- Lay out half-sticks, glue on a diagonal bead doorknob and support stick. Glue stacked half-sticks combine to make doorstep.
- Glue one cut-off stick at right angles to another (include clay inside; flowers are paper leaves and beads on cut-off toothpicks). Glue window box and windows to walls. For hinge, glue ribbon to door and door frame. Glue walls combine.
- For sides, lay out 2 rows of sticks, each as wide as the home, glue on center supports. Glue combine two A-frames. For chimney, cut 2 wide craft sticks into shapes as presented in video, glue combine at sides. Glue edge of single roof side to the flat side of one A-frame; glue other roof area to same frame. Glue on a second A-frame. Set roof on home.
- For additional long walls and roofs, just include more support sticks.
- Lay out a row of sticks. Across bottom and top edges, glue single rows of supports, they will not quite meet in the center. To each row, include another support stick to link the sticks at the middle.
- Lay together little walls that have support sticks on sides; glue on half-sticks at center to link them together.
This summer, help your kids make a full town, from hotels to snack shops. Once the designs are done, they can invite all of their favorite toys to be part of the excitement.
Complete with a chimney, roof and window box, this stick home is a best among civilians.